Located in Park Slope, Tarzian Hardware has been a family run business for 96 years.
archival Photos by Harry Tarzian
In 1921 the Tarzian brothers, Charlie and Marty opened their first store at 203 7th Ave. In 1936 they moved a few doors down to the current location at 193 7th Ave. They sold hardware, paint, and repaired small appliances.
Charlie's son Harry joined the business in 1954. In 1972, Harry expanded into the adjoining storefront at 195 7th ave. He began selling housewares across the street at Tarzian West in 1977.
Harry's wife Paula began managing the store in 1992. She introduced the Lawn & Garden department, and a focus on home comfort appliances. Paula's son John has been working in the store since 1996, and is now continuing the tradition and running the store since 2009.
193 7th Ave
b/w 2nd & 3rd Streets
Brooklyn, NY 11215